Bardbarian DevBlog 1: Alpha Gameplay
In celebration of the upcoming weekend (of which we’ll work continuously through!) we’ve recorded some Alpha footage of the game in it’s current form.
There’s a ton of new changes in this build, some highlights are:
- Enemies attack from right-to-left, previously they would come from both directions.
- Units are now spawned manually (used to be automatic)
- Guitar Solo’s are in! Use them to summon units, or boost your powers.
- Finger Pickin’! Bardbarian picks and strums guitar continuously as he runs around.
- Implemented all 3 basic unit types: Brawler, Archer and Mage
- Coin Drops
- Wireframe UI
It’s still extremely rough, but this marks the moment where we turned the corner and things are actually starting to feel fun! That’s always a nice relief when you’re building a game 🙂
Other progress this week saw the completion of our Store and Main Menu screens. Next up is the in-game UI and then on to Bosses Battles!!